Copy Edit Needed
- You are no different from what you were moments ago. You think. You learn. You grow. You are a living being. Your origins are of no consequence. Especially to us. You are a part of this team.
- -- Indigo src
Indigo is an android and a member of the Outsiders.
Born in a distant future era, she was designed by Brainiac 6 to help Brainiac 1 in his conquests. "Indigo" was a subprogram, meant to endear her to the superhero community.
She came to the 21st century badly damaged, and desperately looking for a cybernetic or mechanical organism capable of repairing her. In the process, she tried to install her self-repairing routines into the Metal Men, but they were incapable of assisting her in maintenance. Then she turned to Cyborg, but in the process, she damaged him.
Although the combined forces of the young superheroes bested her, adding further damage, she is able to activate a dormant Superman Android before shutting down for repairs. Yet when the android comes after the young heroes (killing Lilith and Troia), Arsenal briefly reactivates the young female droid and sends her to stop the Superman Android before shutting down again.
When Arsenal reformed the Outsiders, he claimed the female droid, now called Indigo, as a teammate.
Her memory was supposedly damaged in the aftermath of her dramatic appearance; any remainder was wiped out by S.T.A.R. Labs. Indigo displayed a very naive personality, guilelessly taking pleasure in the simple things in life, like doing laundry for friends, bowling, and silent movies. She often struggled to learn how to behave in society, and took her cues from those she lived with. As she grew more integrated in her quest to earn the acceptance and forgiveness of Nightwing and her teammates, she even managed to find love with Shift.
Brainiac 8 had been sent back in time to kill Donna Troy, because a living Donna would negate Coluan domination over the "organics" after the Infinite Crisis. After a beating by the combined forces of Teen Titans and Outsiders the Indigo persona wrests control from Brainiac 8, and reveals herself to be a genuine personality. Weeping, she begs Shift to kill her before the Brainac 8 persona could harm the people she loves. Shift, in tears, transforms her molecular structure into flesh, killing her in the process.
It seems that she was reformed and returned to her former Brainiac 8 glory as Superboy-Prime repairs her for his confrontation with the Teen Titans. Indigo is seen fighting Red Robin as well as the rest of the Titans.
- Android Body: Indigo is an android from the future, as such her cybernetic programming vastly overpowers modern earth technology. The only beings on earth that can interface with it are Cyborg and the Metal Men. Her abilities seem to be even greater as Brainiac 8, as she revealed herself to be easily strong enough to defeat her powerful teammates such as Grace Choi, Thunder, and Starfire.
- Energy Projection: She has used her powers to cancel out Jade's Green Energy constructs entirely.
- Force Field
- Accelerated Healing: She is able to rebuild entire limbs rapidly.
- Superhuman Strength: She has knocked out Shift.
- Superhuman Durability: Her defensive abilities are enhanced, showing herself more resistant to damage.
- Sound Manipulation: This ability only seems to be to be active while in her "Brainiac 8" persona.
- 40 Appearances of Brainiac 8 (New Earth)
- 19 Images featuring Brainiac 8 (New Earth)
- 3 Quotations by or about Brainiac 8 (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Brainiac 8 (New Earth)
|Outsiders member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the super-hero team known as the Outsiders, in any of its various incarnations. They are a black ops team dedicated to fighting evil and taking the fall in public opinion that bigger groups like the Justice League cannot, started by Batman to avoid being crippled by public relations needs. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Outsiders members" category.
|Outsiders Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Teen Titans, the Titans, or any of the other various Titans incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Titans Villains" category.
Legion of Doom member