"Bats out of Hell, Part Three: None More Black": Hal Jordan considers how many people must live in the whole Multiverse. Probably more than trillions.
Read beyond this point at your own risk!
Appearing in "Bats out of Hell, Part Three: None More Black"
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) (Flashback and main story)
- Green Lantern (Guy Gardner) (Earth 0) (Flashback only)
- Green Lantern (John Stewart) (Earth 0) (Flashback only)
- Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) (Earth 0) (Flashback only)
- Howie Jordan (Flashback only)
- Jane Jordan (Flashback only)
- Atrocitus (Earth 0) (Appears as a dark construct)
- Atrocitus (Earth -32) (Appears only as a corpse)
- Beast Boy
- Hector Hammond (Earth 0) (Appears as a dark construct)
- Hector Hammond (Earth -32) (Appears only as a corpse)
- Justice League
- Larfleeze (Appears as a dark construct)
- Mister Terrific
- Parallax (Hal Jordan) (Appears as a dark construct)
- Shark (Appears as a dark construct)
- Sinestro (Earth 0) (Appears as a dark construct)
- Sinestro (Earth -32) (Appears only as a corpse)
- Green Lantern Corps (Earth -32) (Mentioned only)
- Guardians of the Universe (Earth -32) (Mentioned only)
- Jim Jordan (Mentioned only)
- Martha Wayne (Earth -32) (Mentioned only)
- New Gods (Mentioned only)
- Sue Jordan (Mentioned only)
- Thomas Wayne (Earth -32) (Mentioned only)
- Dark Multiverse (Mentioned only)
- Element X (Mentioned only)
- Element X (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Bats out of Hell, Part Three: None More Black"
Hal Jordan considers how many people must live in the whole Multiverse. Probably more than trillions.
In Space Sector 2814, in Coast City, Earth, then, Guy Gardner, John Stewart and Kyle Rayner are planning new buildings and locations for Coast City, while asking themselves where is Hal. He's actually using his powers to play with his nephew and niece and to show them the Coast City sign, which recites "The City without Fear". He explains them that, although superheroes inspire people, he's inspired by the people of the city, included them.
Now, Coast City is "in a world of trouble", like its fellow cities Metropolis, Washington, D.C., Central City, Amnesty Bay, Detroit and especially Gotham City, because of the arrival of Barbatos of the Dark Multiverse.
Deep underground, in the nightmare Batcave of the Dawnbreaker, Hal is lost in darkness, being attacked by his foe by surprise and surrounded by scary voices from his past. Hal doesn't seem to be scared by any of that, though. Dawnbreaker reveals that his power is to have a ring that actually absorbs light, like a portable Black Hole: this impresses Jordan, but he reacts quickly using the Strobe mode of his ring. Activating in flashes, the Dawnbreaker can't catch the light and absorb it. The two begin a fight under the flashing light of Hal's ring, culminating in him punching repeatedly Dawnbreaker with a construct robot, as the light shows the corpses of some famous characters in the Green Lantern mythos, killed by Dawnbreaker in his own reality. Hal finally feels comfortable turning the lights on for good, so he explains he didn't receive that ring, he actually created it and now he's gonna burn his foe out with it.
Dawnbreaker fights fire with fire, creating actual constructs of Hal's greatest fears, which he gladly takes on. Unfortunately, though, it appears that Hal couldn't stand them, as he's dragged away, defeated, by Dawnbreaker. He's taken to the Cosmic Tuning Fork, where the Dark Knights gather again, each with their own victim.
Meanwhile, in the secret location where The Batman Who Laughs took Cyborg, he and Murder Machine discuss the true goal of Victor Stone's kidnapping: they want to take out of his chest an "Element X", an extremely powerful metal it seems, capable of destroying the entire Multiverse.
- This book was first published on November 8, 2017.
- This issue takes place during the events of Dark Nights: Metal.
- This story continue in Justice League #33.
- Hal Jordan's adventures continue in Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #33.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps Vol 1 32 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps series
- Dark Nights: Metal
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps: Rebirth Vol 1 1 (Hal creates his ring).
Links and References
- No external links.
This comic page is missing characters!
This comic page is missing one or more character, location or item appearances. If you find any characters that appear in this issue but are not included on the page, please add them to the Appearances list of the comic issue template.