As he was one of the greatest Lanterns, the Guardians of the Universe chose to remove the weakness to yellow from his power ring. Without this limitation, however, he was corrupted by his power, and on Earth and enslaved the people of China. The Guardians then added a new weakness to the ring: wood. Now, the clubs of the local villagers could hurt him. Mortally wounded, he fled Earth and merged with his power battery in the upper atmosphere. The battery then collided with a fragment of the Starheart, which was also merged with it. The end result was a single lantern ring, with a unique weakness and a magic that blocked most of its original functions. This Green Flame eventually found its way to Alan Scott, who became the Green Lantern.
- Yalan Gur is introduced as part of an effort to reconcile the Golden Age Green Lantern's origin with the later introduction of the Green Lantern Corps.
- 3 Appearances of Yalan Gur (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Yalan Gur (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Yalan Gur (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Yalan Gur (New Earth)
- Green Lantern at dccomics.com
- List of Green Lanterns at Wikipedia.org
- Yalan Gur profile at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."
|Green Lantern Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Green Lantern of Earth, or the Green Lantern Corps as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Lantern Villains."